Families' Conference Information
The following information is provided to assist with your planning and budgeting.
Please note that all details are subject to change as more information becomes available, but we will do our best to keep costs as low as possible while also providing a quality experience for registrants.
HOTEL: SpringHill Suites Denver Aurora/Fitzsimons - directly across the street from the conference center.
Rate: $109/night plus tax (approximately $120/night total).
This hotel is all suites...with a choice of two queens plus a living area with sofa/sleeper or one king with a living area with a sofa/sleeper. Additional amenities include separate "water-closet" with sink and separate shower with sink - ideal for families. They also provide a free, full, hot breakfast buffet.
RESERVATIONS: Call: 720-859-1100
Indicate that you are registering for the GROUP Event: code: "KSA"
GROUND TRANSPORTATION: SpringHill Suites is NOT an airport hotel. They do not provide ground transportation from and to the airport. Several options exist:
SATURDAY EVENING ADVENTURE: Our experience at the 2010 conference at Great Wolf Lodge inspired us to choose a fun activity for Saturday evening. We will have our families' picnic banquet at Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park. Our package deal will provide dinner for all, and individuals who elect to use the theme and water parks may buy tickets at a deep discount. Elitch's is a fabulous theme park - so good it was purchased by 6-Flags, and then superior enough to go independent again after just a few years with 6-Flags.
- Inexpensive pay car service - used by a number of registrant in 2011. They have 4 cars running continuously, and the fare is $30/person instead of the $45 cabs charge. Call (or text) Darwin at (720)427-7253 to arrange your ride. Mention the KS&A conference to get this discounted rate.
- Taxi: Click here for info and rates.
- Super Shuttle: Click here for info and rates.
- Car Rental: Click here for info and rates. Also try www.kayak.com.
- Share a Ride: KS&A's online forums and related Facebook pages are an excellent resource for arranging ride sharing and hotel room sharing.
At least one parents must accompany their children at the theme and water parks.
Transportation to and from the park will be provided.
Three options will be offered:
- Dinner at the park and park ticket;
- Dinner at the park with no park ticket;
Opt out and arrange Saturday dinner on your own (there are numerous restaurants near the conference hotel).
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: Many variables go into setting registration prices. We are pleased to announce that actual rates are significantly lower that previous estimates. And for comparison purposes, they are very close to 2011 Conference Registration rates.
||2013 Member Cost
|| 2011 Rates
|| 2010 Rates
|| 2009 Rates
|| 2008 Rates
|| $ 275
|Adult with Condition (registering alone or with spouse)
|| $ 175
|Additional Adults (each)
|| $ 175
|Child (under 18)
|| $ 100
CHILD SUPERVISION: To be as supportive as possible, KS&A has arranged for child supervision on site.
- Ages 11 and under: SNOWMASS MOUNTAIN conference room.
- Ages 12 and up: MAROON PEAK conference room.
- Parents who avail themselves of KS&A’s volunteer child supervision activities will be expected to sign a waiver of responsibility—the “Assumption of Risk” form--which will also be available in the conference packet. We are NOT professional care-givers, and parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- Parents are required to provide a working mobile phone number (phone set to vibrate during sessions) so that care givers can contact parents for help.
- Parents are to pickup children promptly for meals and at the end of the sessions. Our volunteers need a break, too.
- Unsupervised children are the responsibility of parents.
OTHER: There are many more details to come. To stay up-to-date on the latest information and receive conference alerts:
- Bookmark this webpage;
- Register your email address;
- Like and watch our Facebook pages:
- KS&A XXY, XYY, XXX
- Klinefelter's Family/Friend Support Group
And, if you are not a member, be sure to click here to join so that you qualify for the member discount that more than pays for membership and includes many other exclusive member benefits.
Video Recording: We have hired a video production crew to record all conference sessions. The videos will focus on the presenter and the Power Point slides. No intentional attempt will be made to capture video of audience members. But registrants may appear randomly in these videos (if for example you arrive or depart during the session), and we may hear your voice if you ask questions. By registering for this conference, you hereby release KS&A to use these videos as we see fit, including any portion of the video that includes your likeness. If you do not wish to be seen in the videos, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you are out of camera range.
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE CONFERENCE INFO AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Information about the 2011 Families' Conference in Denver
2011 CONFERENCE HANDOUTS
Children's Hospital in Denver host to the 2008, 2011 and 2013 Families' Conferences.
We are guests of the eXtraordinarY Kids Clinic at Children's.