Click here to translate any of this website's content from English.
NEXT CONFERENCE - SAVE THE DATES:
Next Conference - July 24, 25 and 26, 2015
Featuring the Clinic at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD.
The conference will feature ALL X and Y chromosome variations.
Our host will be the Johns Hopkins Klinefelter Syndrome Center
The 2015 Conference will be a partnership with the XXYY Project - www.xxyysyndrome.org
- and they will join us to host the conference in lieu of their annual Symposium.
Partial list of presenters who are scheduled to appear (subject to change without notice).
- Arrive Friday - no sessions planned. Pickup your registration packet. We will have a light dinner of pizza and salad beginning at dinner time and continuing throughout the early evening. This is an opportunity to mingle and get to know others attending the conference.
- Saturday: Sessions all day. Lunch provided. Dinner on your own. We are planning group transportation to visit the Baltimore Inner Harbor, which is home to numerous restaurants, museums, and numerous activities. Shuttles will be available to bring you to and from light-rail that goes to the Inner Harbor.
- Sunday: Sessions through 3 PM. Informal activities until 5 PM. Plan your departure flight accordingly.
Hotel: If you are eager to make your reservation, call the Hilton BWI Airport Hotel directly - 410-694-0808 - and tell them you are with the AXYS Families' Education Conference for 2015. More on the hotel below.
Registration: We will open registration in late April or early May.
To assist with your planning, we are posting VERY ROUGH ESTIMATES
of costs for the 2015 Conference
AXYS conducts the conferences on a self-sustaining basis.
We are still working on the presenter roster. Factors that impact registration fees include presenter travel costs, catering, and a variety of other factors, including the costs associated with child care.
For planning purposes only, round-number guesstimate for MEMBER* registration fees:
- $300 for the first adult
- $200 or so for each additional adult
- $200 for the first adults with the condition
- $125 for children under 18
Hotel rooms will be about $120 for double occupancy, with $10 each for additional people in the room.
We will be at the Hilton BWI Airport Hotel
in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
BWI is the airport. This will enable you to investigate airfares
Hotel check-in is at 3:00 PM.
Once again, registration fees are subject to adjustment based on our actual costs. These estimates are based registration fees for past conferences, but actual costs will prevail.
TRAVEL RECOMMENDATION: For those unfamiliar with Baltimore, MD, this city is very close to the US national capital, Washington, DC. DC is a terrific vacation destination. The hotel will honor the conference rate for several days on either side of the conference, so you may wish to plan a visit to Washington, DC as part of your itinerary.
* Note that AXYS members get a 10% discount from the "retail" registration rate, and the fees I cited are member prices.
Since membership is only $25/year ($10/year for individuals with the condition), the cost of membership is more than covered by the discount on just one registrant.
Also available for reference: Information about the last (2013) Families' Conference in Denver
AXYS and AAKSIS once again teamed up to bring you the world's leading conference on sex chromosome aneuploidy.